lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and Struts
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:12:37 GMT
I've been lurking on these related threads to see what others came up
with.

The real issue here is defining what the "content" really is.  If the
web application is solely your own creation, then I feel crawling or
weird magical tricks with Struts/Tiles/taglibs is not the proper
approach.  What I'd recommend is you keep the content in a database or
in some other type of repository and index that directly with Lucene.
Access that content with your Struts actions and push it into the
display using the standard mechanisms for Struts/taglibs.

Is this static content that is just text on JSP pages?  If so, pull the
content out and put it there dynamically - and decouple the content
from the presentation, and thusly making indexing much easier and
sensical.

Is this feasible with what you're doing?  If not, why not?

	Erik