lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Announce : arabic Stemmer/Analyzer for Lucene
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:16:04 GMT
On Sunday, September 28, 2003, at 10:08  AM, Pierrick Brihaye wrote:
>>  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have
>> some type of repository of Lucene extensions hosted elsewhere anyway
>> solve the GPL issue.
>
> Totally agree !
>
> So... it is an ASL infringement from my part to have prepended
> "org.apache.lucene" to the aramorph package :-) ?

Well, there are no rules or legalese about restricting package naming
conventions anywhere that I know of (in or out of Apache) except for
the java.* and sun.* that is built-into Java itself that can seal these
out from use.  So there is probably no problem using that package name
on GPL'd code.

	Erik