lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hackl, Rene" <Rene.Ha...@FIZ-Karlsruhe.DE>
Subject derive tokens from single token
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:19:44 GMT
Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to implement simultaneous left and right truncation.

The goal is to enable the user to search for e.g. "*hydronaphth*" and find
"hexahydronaphthalene" as well as "heptahydronaphthalin".

To achieve that functionality, I'd like to index terms in the way that from
a token "foobar" the tokens "oobar" and "obar" ( e.g. mininum word length =
4)
would be derived and added to the index. I tried to extend TokenFilter, but
all I get is either "oobar" or "obar", depends on when 'return' is called.

How could I add such extra tokens to the tokenStream? Any thoughts on this
appreciated.

Best regards,

René Hackl