lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack Lauman <jlau...@nwcascades.com>
Subject Design question
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:56:50 GMT
I, like a lot of other people are new to Lucene.  Practical examples
are pretty scarce.

I have the following site:

http://www.tasteofwhatcom.com

It's built on JBoss 3.0.7/Tomcat 4.1.24, Apache 2.0.47/mod_jk 1.2.4,
MySQL 3.23.57 and RedHat 9.0.

I want to add search capabilites to the site to allow users to
search for entries.  All the menu items are in various MySQL
tables.  In addition some information is in static html and jsp
pages.  Some links are to PDF docs on the site.

How do you create a Lucene index on 'menu items' in the database as
well as the static pages both html and jsp, and any PDF docs that
are linked?  Are there any examples?

Thanks,

Jack