lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Linwood <j...@greenninja.com>
Subject Re: [NEWBIE] Creating context-relative URLs with Tomcat + Struts
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:40:48 GMT
Why don't you set the path field to be relative to whatever the base
directory is that the administrator puts in?  So, you write the path
field yourself, and just put in the relative link, like /index.jsp,
/welcome.jsp, or whatever?  You can just use the relative link directly
in your web application.

The book chapter covers pulling content out of a database through a data
access layer, so it's a little different than pulling files out of a
file system, but most of the basics are the same.

If the actual content is hidden behind wrapper JSP pages, Struts
Actions, parameters, or whatever, the display code that writes the links
out in the JSP page can reference a mapping like you said.  The hard
part would be writing the mapping code, calling it should be easy.

Hope this helps,
Jeff