lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <>
Subject Re: Limit on number of required/prohibited clauses
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:55:50 GMT
Hi Eugene,

Yes.  Doug (Cutting) added this to eliminate OutOfMemory errors that
apparently some people were having.  Unfortunately, it causes
backward-compatibility issues if you were used to using version 1.2.
So, you'll need to add a call like this:

(Of course, you can set the parameter to whatever you want, but
unrestricted works best for me.)

Eugene S. wrote:

>I've come across the limit on the number of
>required/prohibited clauses in a boolean query (the
>limit  is 32). What is the reasoning for having such
>limit? Can it be circumvented?
>Do you Yahoo!?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting
existing institutions. - George Bernard Shaw

View raw message