lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <scott.ga...@etapestry.com>
Subject Re: Limit on number of required/prohibited clauses
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:55:50 GMT
Hi Eugene,

Yes.  Doug (Cutting) added this to eliminate OutOfMemory errors that
apparently some people were having.  Unfortunately, it causes
backward-compatibility issues if you were used to using version 1.2.
So, you'll need to add a call like this:

BooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount(Integer.MAX_VALUE);

(Of course, you can set the parameter to whatever you want, but
unrestricted works best for me.)

Scott