lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten Konrad" <Karsten.Kon...@xtramind.com>
Subject AW: Negative boosting?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:27:51 GMT

I have done negative boosts, it does work; you must construct your
query terms accordingly. I found the results somewhat unintuitive -
the mixture of negative and postive boosts (mainly 1.0), TF/IDF
and document length normalization will very often make documents
more relevant that you did not expect to be.

Regards,

Karsten

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Saarbrücken

--