lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Farquhar <sc...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: Announce : arabic Stemmer/Analyzer for Lucene
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:44:19 GMT
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 09:49:14AM +0200, Pierrick Brihaye wrote:
> All this work is based on the amazing Tim Buckwalter's Arabic Morphological
> Analyzer Version 1.0
> (http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2002L49)
> originaly written in Perl and released under the GPL.

Is it possible to contact Tim, and ask if he will allow you to license
his code under an Apache style license?  Many authors are accomodating
with licensing software under different licenses.

I have personal worries about including GPL code in any commercial
application (even dynamically linked).

Cheers,
Scott