lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From faizal abdoelrahman <faizal19732...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: boolean and query through multiple fields
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:33:08 GMT
Only at run-time we know which fields to search
through.
(The static index contains some 80 fields, of which on

average 5 fields are searched for, but this set can
differ per day)

This means updating the concatenated field
when the set of searchable fields changes (daily)?
Is there a way to do this efficiently with a lucene
index, building a field based on the contents of other
fields?

Otherwise I will just make the concatenated field when

I build the index (making the index less static, coz
then it will be updated daily) and
people will have to live with that...

Faizal