lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene app to index Java code
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:35:30 GMT
What you describe sounds interesting, but I was thinking more along the
lines of this:

http://www.peerfear.org/rss/permalink/2003/07/23/LuceneForSourceManagement/

An application that I could use to find out whether I already have a
'getStudents' or 'getStudents*' method somewhere in the source code,
for instance, before I start writing it.  As the code base grows
larger, and as the team that works with it becomes bigger, this tools
becomes more and more valuable.
If this application could also index Javadocs, so that I can search for
methods or classes that mention +student* +(database OR db) +update,
that would be even better.

Has anyone done this?
Kevin Burton mentioned something similar to what I described above, at
that URL, but it looks like he didn't make his application available.

Thanks,
Otis