lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Lucene app to index Java code
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:18:23 GMT
Hello,

Has anyone written an application that uses Lucene to index Java code,
either from the source .java files, or compiled .class files?

I need to create a searchable index for Java code, so that I can use
that index to check if classes or methods with certain functionality
have already been written.  This is an effort to remove code
duplication and do more code re-use.  If this application can also
index Javadocs, even better!

I think I heard of somebody doing this already.  Kevin Burton?
This is something that would fit nicely in Erik's Ant IndexTask in
Lucene Sandbox), I think.

Thank you,
Otis