lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene demo ideas?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:39:01 GMT
On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 09:31  AM, Bryan LaPlante wrote:
> I would like to see the taglib for searching the index in the demo.
> There is
> an html form page and result page already built for the taglib that
> allows
> you to change search params and demonstrates a fair amount of the
> search
> capability of Lucene.

Bryan, no offense... but I won't be using the taglib in the demo.  I
just don't feel accessing a Lucene index via a taglib is the right way
to do things.  Coupling an index to JSP in that manner is too tight for
my tastes.  What happens if you want to use Velocity for presentation?
Or a Swing app?  See what I mean?

	Erik