lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pierrick Brihaye" <pierrick.brih...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Announce : arabic Stemmer/Analyzer for Lucene
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:08:33 GMT
Hi,

> Since you ported GPL code, aren't you required to GPL your version as
> well?

I think so : the aramorph package should be GPLed IMHO. The rest, i.e. my
own code, can be given to Lucene :-)

> The safest bet is to just host what you've done on your own or at
> Sourceforge or java.net.

Or elsewhere :-) The main objective is to use this analyzer within SDX :
http://www.nongnu.org/sdx/

>  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have
> some type of repository of Lucene extensions hosted elsewhere anyway to
> solve the GPL issue.

Totally agree !

So... it is an ASL infringement from my part to have prepended
"org.apache.lucene" to the aramorph package :-) ?

Cheers,

p.b.