lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Paulsen" <joseph.paul...@verizon.net>
Subject Browsing the list of searchable terms
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:14:05 GMT
We would like to be able to allow our users to browse the index of
searchable terms by entering a term (or term stem) to which we will
respond with a list of words surrounding the entered word/stem (say 10
terms before and 10 terms after) along with the number of occurrences of
the terms in the documents in the database/index.

We're not quite sure how to do that yet, but our initial reading of the
documentation indicates that maybe we should use IndexReader
TermEnum(Term t).  If we are reading this correctly, the method seems to
be uni-directional only (i.e., there is no way to get the immediately
preceding terms to the user entered word/stem).  Is there a way to
retrieve a bi-directional list of terms surrounding a given word/stem?

Thanks,

Joe Paulsen