lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pierrick Brihaye" <pierrick.brih...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Announce : arabic Stemmer/Analyzer for Lucene
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:20:06 GMT
Hi,

> We could put this in the Lucene sandbox CVS perhaps.

Why not ?

> Could you package
> it similarly to the other contributions there with a build file

Yes... but you'll have to wait :-)

> and
> convert your command-line tests to JUnit tests that run from the build
> file?

And also on this point. The 2 CLI programs are rather "demonstration"
programs than real test cases that could demonstrate the current pending
issues.

> I took a quick look and looks like you did a fair bit of work and have
> the ASL in the source files.

Yes... at least in the source files that are based on my own work.

> The question, though, is whether your
> basing it on GPL code is acceptable.  Did you copy code from it?

As I said, it is based on Tim's Buckwalter work : original Perl program as
well as those precious dictionary files.

> We can have no GPL code in Apache's CVS.

:-/ How can we do, so ? Shall I split the packages in two parts ? No
problems for the "Lucene bindings". But there could be one for the aramorph
package (java port of the original work), which is based on work originally
ruled by the GPL...

Cheers,

p.b.