lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Campbell" <becamp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Keyword search with space and wildcard
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:45:11 GMT
I've created and index that has a Keyword field in it.  I'm trying to do a
search on that field where my term has a space and the wildcard character in
it.  For example, I'll issue the following search:  project_name:"Hello w*".
  I have an entry in the project_name field of "Hello world".  I would
expect to get a hit on this but I don't.  Is this not the way Lucene
behaves? Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks.

-Brian

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com.