lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Campbell" <becamp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Keyword search with space and wildcard
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 03:54:48 GMT
Basically, yes, I am trying to put a wildcard in a phrase.  My field (a
Keyword) is the name of a project.  It can be 40 characters long (I'm
basically indexing some database columns).  Since it is a Keyword and not a
Text field, it doesn't get tokenized (I do this on purpose) and must match
up exactly.  I would like for users to be able to search on partial phrases
such as "Hello w*" and match up to "Hello world" and "Hello washington",
etc.  Is this not possible?  Is it documented anywhere?

Thanks.
-Brian