lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Providing my own scoring.
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:03:50 GMT
I don't see this documented anywhere and before I start ripping apart
Lucene I wanted to find out if anyone has done this before.

I want to provide my own scoring of Lucene results based on my own score
algorithm.  It isn't JUST based on word frequency but also a lot of
other metrics (think PageRank).

The problem is that i think I am going to have to do this with my own
subqueries or integrating directly into IndexSearcher while doing my own
scoring.  Hits.doc() is expensive to say the least (I am assuming it
fetches all fields?) and it doesn't seem that there is a straight
forward way to add a visitor that will be called to develop my own
custom score.

Anyone have any advice here?

Kevin

--
Help Support NewsMonster Development!  Purchase NewsMonster PRO!

    http://www.newsmonster.org/download-pro.html

       AIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://www.peerfear.org/
GPG fingerprint: 4D20 40A0 C734 307E C7B4  DCAA 0303 3AC5 BD9D 7C4D