lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Default sort order with identical scores.
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:38:50 GMT
I want to run a query where all the results would have the identical
score of 1.0 (all documents of type X with a date > D)

The trick is that i need to get the result set BACK sorted by the date.
The Lucene filter mechanism is optimized to use the index but the only
problem is that I want to get the results back by date.

It appears that Lucene will return the result set back by date but I
assume that since the scores are identical it isn't doing a sort by
score so I am getting my results back in descending order.  Would this
be a correct assumption?  Is this behavior something I can depend on?

Thanks!

Kevin

--
Help Support NewsMonster Development!  Purchase NewsMonster PRO!

    http://www.newsmonster.org/download-pro.html

       AIM - sfburtonator,  Web - http://www.peerfear.org/
GPG fingerprint: 4D20 40A0 C734 307E C7B4  DCAA 0303 3AC5 BD9D 7C4D