lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yang Sun <mryyz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on Lucene when indexing big pdf files
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:54:43 GMT
Hi,
    When I use luke to look at my index, it seems all right. The content in the index is well,
all the contents are extracted from the pdf file. I copy the pdf file content (namely "content"
field), and search the keyword, but I can not found the keyword either. I think there is nothing
wrong with the pdfbox program.

    Would you please help me to test this situation. I have three pdf file(totally 100k),
after I index them,  I will get useless results when I ues "cisco" as the keyword. If you
would like to help me, I will send you my test source files and the three pdf files to you.
I will be very appreciate for your help.

Ben Litchfield <ben@csh.rit.edu> wrote:

> "cisco". I use Luke and my searcher program as the searching client,
> it seems no problem. Can anyone help me? Or any comments on this

When you use luke to look at your index does it show the correct contents
for those documents?

Ben