lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <vict...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: Indexing documents with multiple values for 1 field
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:51:46 GMT
> C) Put all of the altername names together into the name field (i.e. BMG
> Bertelsmann Music Group).  Is there anything to delimit the different names
> with so that they would be treated as separate entities?

This is what I would do. If you are not going to have large value in this
field, and you don't need it for later display (ie for UnStored field) then
put all the variant name in the "Name" field. This will be the easiest to do
and you don't have to "or"s a lot of field (or use multi field query) later.

Also you can do:
doc.add(Field.UnStored("Name", "BMG"));
doc.add(Field.UnStored("Name", "Berstelsmann Music Group"));

and that will be the same with:
doc.add(Field.UnStored("Name", "BMG Berstelsmann Music Group"));

HTH,

Victor Hadianto