lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Luke Francl <lfra...@ancept.com>
Subject Thread safety of QueryParser
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:27:27 GMT
[Note: I sent this email before I recieved my subscription confirmation
message and I have not seen it in the archives yet. If you recieved this
message twice, my appologies. -- Luke]

According to the jGuru FAQ, QueryParser is not thread safe:

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=492389

However, this information is several years old. Is this still true?

The answer to the question suggests using a new parser for every thread,
but the QueryParser.parse(String query,String field,Analyzer analyzer)
method is static, and I don't see any way to set the default field on an
instance of the QueryParser.

Is that what the "f" parameter of the QueryParser(String f, Analyzer a)
constrcutor is for?

Thanks for your advice,

Luke Francl