lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Mila" <bm...@iastate.edu>
Subject Re: AND instead OR for the search
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 01:12:29 GMT
I believe what you want is to use the setOperator function:

QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("contents", analyzer);
qp.setOperator(QueryParser.DEFAULT_OPERATOR_AND);

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastien X" <cvwebmaster@noos.fr>
To: <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 5:19 PM
Subject: AND instead OR for the search

Hi everybody,

When I make a search, for example : "Jakarta lucene"

The search engine interpret the query like "Jakarta OR lucene"

I wish this could be "Jakarta AND lucene" (like the most of internet search
engine) because the OR clause is not very intuitive for the users.

Could we use a method for using AND instead OR when we use Lucene?

Tanks for advance

S├ębastien