lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "hui" <...@triplehop.com>
Subject better search results from 1.2 than 1.3
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:12:23 GMT
Hi,
I just upgrade Lucene 1.2 to 1.3 on the same index built original from Lucene 1.2 and then
latter from Lucene 1.3.
I also changed the default operator to AND.
It seems work fine but  actually the search results from Lucene 1.3 are not as good as the
results from 1.2 (same index and same query) even the query
  a..  top documents from 1.3 are not as good as the ones from 1.2
  b.. the top document score from 1.3 are almost the same and 1.2 has better score system.
Any idea about this? Is there any way I can achieve the same search quality within 1.3?

Regards,
Hui Ouyang