lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Sibert" <chrissib...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: better search results from 1.2 than 1.3
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:44:29 GMT
 You may need to rebuild the index with 1.3. Buried in the Changes document
it says that you have to rebuild the index with 1.3, because the scoring was
changed internally.

----- Original Message -----
From: "hui" <hui@triplehop.com>
To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 11:12 AM
Subject: better search results from 1.2 than 1.3

Hi,
I just upgrade Lucene 1.2 to 1.3 on the same index built original from
Lucene 1.2 and then latter from Lucene 1.3.
I also changed the default operator to AND.
It seems work fine but  actually the search results from Lucene 1.3 are not
as good as the results from 1.2 (same index and same query) even the query
  a..  top documents from 1.3 are not as good as the ones from 1.2
  b.. the top document score from 1.3 are almost the same and 1.2 has better
score system.
Any idea about this? Is there any way I can achieve the same search quality
within 1.3?

Regards,
Hui Ouyang