lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "hui" <...@triplehop.com>
Subject Re: AND instead OR for the search
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:48:33 GMT
Thank you, Sebastien. It works now.
I think most people are going to do the same thing when they upgrade to 1.3
by leaving the  parse() method from 1.2 there since it is supported in 1.3.

I am having another problem now after I switched to 1.3 from 1.2.  The web
application seach within Jboss 2.4/ Tomcat 3.1 does not work any more. But a
standalone application search works fine on the same index.  The index  was
created on Lucene 1.2.  Here is the exception
[Default] java.lang.NullPointerException
[Default]       at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:90)
[Default]
[Default]       at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:80)
[Default]
[Default]       at
org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:71)
[Default]
[Default]       at
org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:65)

Any idea about this?

Regards,
Hui