lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastien X" <cvwebmas...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: AND instead OR for the search
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:09:59 GMT
> Hi,
> Found the problem for this. I need to switch to JDK1.3.1 or above (jdk1.4)
> to make Lucene 1.3 works. It just does not work with jdk 1.3.0
> Regards,
> Hui

Just for information, I've try a lot of jdk to benchmark performances (just
in a red hat 7.3 linux server)
Then, The result reveals that with Lucene the 1.4 JVM from IBM is 3 to 4
time more faster than with the SUN 1.4 JVM (but just for the search because
it semms that IBM VM is not very stable and less speed for other Java
applications like IO programming)

I think so IBM VM is maybe better to work with Lucene in standalone
application.

In my case, I use IBM VM for the lucene search (more speed) and Sun VM for
Tomcat (more stable)