lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From fmarchioni <>
Subject Can I do this with Lucene ?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:03:43 GMT
Dear Lucene Users,
I'd like to implement a search engine and I'd like to know if it's possible to
do it with Lucene.
I have many text files containing faqs, every faq has a text file.
Inside the file questions are listed with a delimiter (I use # but it can by any)

bla bla bla bla

bla bla bla bla

...and so on....

Now I'd like something that search for words inside the faqs and RETURNS THE BLOCK
where it was found (#Question1 bla bla bla bla) other words I want to retrieve
a single faq using a search engine.

I didn't see anything like this in the docs....just something that return the number of hits
of a search.....can Lucene do it for me easily or it's better to write it on my own using
standard Java I/O Api ?
Thanks a lot

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: