lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From fmarchioni <fmarchi...@libero.it>
Subject Can I do this with Lucene ?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:03:43 GMT
Dear Lucene Users,
I'd like to implement a search engine and I'd like to know if it's possible to
do it with Lucene.
I have many text files containing faqs, every faq has a text file.
Inside the file questions are listed with a delimiter (I use # but it can by any)

#Question1
bla bla bla bla

#Question2
bla bla bla bla

...and so on....

Now I'd like something that search for words inside the faqs and RETURNS THE BLOCK
where it was found (#Question1 bla bla bla bla)....in other words I want to retrieve
a single faq using a search engine.

I didn't see anything like this in the docs....just something that return the number of hits
of a search.....can Lucene do it for me easily or it's better to write it on my own using
standard Java I/O Api ?
Thanks a lot
Francesco