lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Hanley" <>
Subject RE: Lucene MBean service for JBoss
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:51:37 GMT
Hi Andy
This looks like a very useful MBean (quite a bit more developed than the one I was working

One quick query on the quickstart example though, when I run it I get the output twice:

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Scholz []
Sent: 20 July 2003 23:29
Subject: Lucene MBean service for JBoss

Hi All,

For those that may be interested, I have written a full text indexing
service for the JBoss application server that uses Lucene as its engine. It
allows lucene to be used as a service rather than a standalone app with
thread pooling, access synchronization, management etc. Index and search
interfaces are accessable via JNDI and remotely via session EJB's.

Additionally I have provided content filters for common formats like HTML,
MSWord, MSExcel, xml etc (with some help from other projects). A simple
interface also allows you to write your own filters for different formats.

It is available under an LGPL license and source code, binaries and info
are avaialble here:

I'd love to get some feedback, so if your iterested, please let me know
your comments or suggestions;)

Andy Scholz

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: