lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Multiple fields identical terms.
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:40:11 GMT
On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 06:16  AM, Gregor Heinrich wrote:
> I would like to have unique term texts in my term enumeration. That is,
> across all fields there should be no duplicate term text.
>
> An easy solution would be to only use one field.
>
> But does someone know an alternative way with multiple fields?

What about putting both abstract and title together into a single new
field called "keywords"?  Leave title and abstract there as well, but
just append the two strings together (with a space in the middle to
tokenize properly! :).

Is that a reasonable alternative?  What are you trying to accomplish?

	Erik