lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Adding to the same Keyword field
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:27:05 GMT
It will make multiple "tokens" within the same field.... just as if you
had used a tokenized field with all the values (and your analyzer split
them in the manner you're adding them).  Does that make sense?

In other words, adding keywords "foo" and "bar" is the same as using a
text field as "foo bar" and using the WhitespaceAnalyzer.

If you want to use a query like a TermQuery on
"http://jakarta.apache.org" then indexing multiple Keyword's with the
same field name is what you're after.

	Erik