lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Becker <pbec...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject Re: Free, medium size, downloadable corpus of newspaper articles ?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:08:28 GMT
[redirected to lucene-user]

Me, too! :-)

We are currently playing with the small Reuters collection (about 21.500
news items from the 80s), but I don't know if I am allowed to distribute
it and it is too small anyway -- many of the implications we find are
based on 1 to 3 documents. I still have a collection of 5 CDs I
downloaded from Google about 2 years ago, which I still haven't found
the time to look at -- it probably will be one of the next things to do.
I can see what their licence says about redistribution.

Another good source for collections is
http://www.kdnuggets.com/datasets/index.html -- but I haven't found a
good news corpus yet.

I am definitely interested in comparing some results on whatever
collection we can find. I'll talk to our IR guys in the next days to see
what they know about.

  Peter