lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NOT, exclude, prohibit, !, -
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:36:27 GMT
Hello,

I believe those are all the same.  I am writing this from an Internet
cafe in Sofia, Bulgaria, so I don't have access to QueryParser.jj, but
that's where you should look to see how NOT, ! and - are defined.
I believe they all exclude from the result, all documents that contain
the term or phrase that follows.

Otis