lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "greg" <g...@webpipe.net>
Subject interesting phrase query issue
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:20:52 GMT
I have several document sections that are being indexed via the
StandardAnalyzer.  One of these documents has the line "access, the
manager".  When searching for the phrase "access manager", this document is
being returned.  I understand why (at least i think i do), because a stop
word is "the" and the "," is being removed by the tokenizer, my question is
is there any way I can avoid having this returned in the results?  My
thoughts were to create a new analyzer that indexes the word "the" (blick to
many of those), or index the "," in some way (also not good).  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg T Robertson