lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <>
Subject Re: Delete files
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:00:27 GMT
> have another question: when I do an upload file how I can to replace
> automatically the old one in the directory, and how to identify this file
> in the index to delete it ? I need some help. Thanks in advance

If you have a unique identifier in your document you can index that id in a
Field. Thus when you upload a new file you can check the index for this
identifier. The search result should only contains 1 hit, you can delete this
doc and add a new one.

I'm not sure what other solution is there if you don't have a unique id per

> Michel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message