lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From di99...@student.bth.se
Subject Field.Text(string, string) and Queryparser
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:11:35 GMT
Hello

When I use QueryParser.parse(String query,String field,Analyzer analyzer) and
have added the field with the type Field.Text(string, string), I can't search
in specific field like

component:call

It can't find the word call in the field component.
But if I instead use Field.Text(string, Reader) the query works.

Another problem is that I have to use Field.Text(string, string) if I want to
know if the hits contain field with the name component. Then I use this code:

Vector component = new Vector();
if(doc.getField("component")!=null){
	component.addElement(doc);
				}
To use getField(string) I have to use Field.Text(string, string)

When I display the hits I want to divide them in catagory according to the
field name. If I have field called component, interface and datatypes I want to
display the hits like:

component
hit1
hit2
hit3

interface
hit4

data type
hit5

But I also want to search in a specific field at the samt time.

Help me, please.

I hope that I have explained my problem so you can understand it.

Thanks
/Michelle