lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: NLucene up to date ?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:53:42 GMT
I'd love to see there be quality implementations of the Lucene API in
other languages, that are up to date with the latest Java codebase.

I'm embarking on a Ruby port, which I'm hosting at rubyforge.org.
There is a Python version called Lupy.

A related question I have is what about performance comparisons between
the different language implementations?  Will Java be the fastest?  Is
there a test suite already available that can demonstrate the
performance characteristics of a particular implementation?  I'd love
to see the numbers and see if even the Java version can be beat.

	Erik