lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gregg Cote" <gregg.c...@ixpartners.com>
Subject Phrase Query Question
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:22:24 GMT
I have a stream of documents, which I want to perform searches on for both
single terms and phrases.  Instead of indexing the documents, which I do not
need to keep around or in the index, I am trying to index the terms and
phrases that I am searching for.  So when I get a document, I can search the
index of terms and phrases with the document title and contents and if I get
any hits I can do some processing and wait for the next document.  This
seems to work fine if I have single terms, but not for phrases.  For
example, I want to put the phrase "money flow" into the index.  When I
search the index with a document that contains this phrase I want to get a
hit, but not get a hit if just the term money or just the term flow is in
the document.  I can't seem to get this to work and was wondering if this is
possible.  Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Gregg