lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gregg Cote" <gregg.c...@ixpartners.com>
Subject RAM index usage
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:01:52 GMT
Hi There,

I want to create an in-memory index.  I want to be able to search the index
and delete documents from this index.  I believe I am creating the index
correctly:

 this._writer = new IndexWriter(new org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory(),
                                       new StandardAnalyzer(), true);

And can add docs to the index.

What I am not sure of is how I create a reader, and how to delete from this
index.  The reader I create for file indexes uses the following:

_reader = IndexReader.open("folder");

But I am not sure how to open a reader that will use the index I created
above.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Gregg