lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: commercial websites powered by Lucene?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:30:11 GMT
John Takacs wrote:
> Good idea.  I was just following the install directions, but if I don't have
> to pay attention to the install directions, I'll find a much better one.
>
> Any hints?  Previous email discussion maybe?  I found some references via
> searching the archives, but I'm not 100% convinced they are applicable to my
> situation.

I'm not sure what you mean with install directions, Lucene is just a JAR
file and you use it like any other Java class library. There's also the
WAR file with a few demos, which you can just drop into Tomcat.

Perhaps you were trying to build it? I just downloaded the binary
distribution and used it.

Ulrich