lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Paging hits
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:04:31 GMT
Hello all,

when I look in the demo examples, then paging the hits is done by
re-running the query with a different start index every time the user
clicks on the "next page" button.

Is that the canonical way of doing it or is there a technique, whereby I
need to run the query only once? I guess I could stuff the Hits object
into a session, but somehow doubt that that's really worth it.

It looks like Google re-runs the query every time, too, probably relying
on some kind of cache. I guess it all boils down to how fast the
searches are going on my site. Any opinions?

cheers,

Ulrich