lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan_Was...@dom.com
Subject Re: commercial websites powered by Lucene?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:07:02 GMT

Believe JavaCC is used in QueryParser too.

                      Ulrich Mayring

                      <ulim@denic.de>          To:       lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org

                      Sent by: news            cc:

                      <news@main.gmane.        Subject:  Re: commercial websites powered
by Lucene?
                      org>

                      06/25/2003 11:47

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Lucene Users

                      List"

John Takacs wrote:

> I'd love to try Lucene with the above, but the Lucene install fails
because
> of JavaCC issues.  Surprised more people haven't encountered this
problem,
> as the install instructions are out of date.

Well, what do you need JavaCC for? Isn't it just the technology for
building the supplied HTML-Parser? There are much better HTML parsers
out there, which you can use.

Ulrich