lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Che Dong" <ched...@hotmail.com>
Subject WebLucene: XML gateway for Lucene
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:15:31 GMT
Hi All:
Today I also read Otis's 'Parsing, indexing, and searching XML with Digester and Lucene'
at:  http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-lucene/

After long time delay, I decide to release a demo of WebLucene while it still not very well
accomplished.

WebLucene: Lucene Web interface, use XML as a lightweight protocol. developer can convert
data source (text, DB
, MS Word, PDF... etc) into xml format, indexing with lucene engine, and get full text search
result via HTTP,
with XML format output, user can easily intergrated with JSP ASP PHP front end or use XSLT
at server side trans
form output.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/weblucene/

In this application I think following match some mostly ask question in Lucene user list:
1 Custom sorting: use docID based sorting, we can sorting results according data source order.
2 Internationalization issue: CJKTokenizer
 XML input avoid a lot of double byte charactor decoding problem for application runs on iso-8859-1
plat form.
3 I rewrite some SAXIndexer to fit for RSS like xml source indexing
4 Highlighting support: WebLuceneHighlighter is a token based highlighter.

TODO:
1 RSS indexing demo
2 Documents

Regards