lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Takacs" <taka...@highway61.com>
Subject RE: commercial websites powered by Lucene?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:03:36 GMT
Ulrich, Vince,

I think a big, "I'm a dummy" post may be in order.  ;-)

I'll do as you suggested immediately.

Regards,

John

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@main.gmane.org]On Behalf Of Ulrich Mayring
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 1:30 AM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: commercial websites powered by Lucene?

John Takacs wrote:
> Good idea.  I was just following the install directions, but if I don't
have
> to pay attention to the install directions, I'll find a much better one.
>
> Any hints?  Previous email discussion maybe?  I found some references via
> searching the archives, but I'm not 100% convinced they are applicable to
my
> situation.

I'm not sure what you mean with install directions, Lucene is just a JAR
file and you use it like any other Java class library. There's also the
WAR file with a few demos, which you can just drop into Tomcat.

Perhaps you were trying to build it? I just downloaded the binary
distribution and used it.

Ulrich