lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "host unknown" <linux_new...@hotmail.com>
Subject date ranges.....
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:39:23 GMT
Hi all

Here's my scenario....

I'm building a calendaring application and using Lucene (one of many times
I've used it on our site) for the indexing/retrieval mechanism.  The
calendar has events.  An event consists of:  start date, end date, start
time, end time, and descriptive information.  Most begin and end on the same
day, however not all of them.

Here's where the problem lies.  Let's say an event runs from 20030625 (june
25 2003) until 20030701 and I want to search all events (several thousand)
and know what's happening today (20030727).  The results I'm looking for can
be described with this sql statement:  "Select * from events where
start_date <= 20030627 and end_date >=20030627".  How do i write this
'query' with Lucene?

Many thanks,
Dominic