lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin L. Cobb" <kevin.c...@emergint.com>
Subject Weighted Search by Field using MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:43:10 GMT
I have an index that has three fields in it. When I do a search using
MultiFieldQueryParser, the search applies the same importance (weight)
to each of the fields. BUT, what if I want to apply a different weight
to each field, i.e. I want to consider found terms from certain fields
as less "important" than others. I have applied an algorithm to help me
do this, which involves searching each field separately and then
recombining the results into a single collection, but hate to reinvent
the wheel if I don't have to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin L Cobb, MT(ASCP), SCJP2

Senior Software Engineer

Emergint, Inc.

501 E Broadway, Suite 250

Louisville, KY 40202

Kevin.Cobb@emergint.com

502.852.1423

502.852.1589 fax

The preceding e-mail message and attachments, if any, contains
information that is confidential and qualifies as such under the
Definition of Confidential Information in the Non-Disclosure Agreement,
and may constitute non-public information and trade secrets. It is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are
not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender at
502-852-1605.