lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Geting exact term positions for each document inside a collect method...
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:55:56 GMT
Jim Hargrave wrote:
> I've defined my own collector (I want the raw score before it is normalized between 1.0
and 0.0). For each document I need to know the the matching term positions in the document.
 I've seen the methods in IndexReader, but how can I access them inside my collect method?
Are there other methods I am missing?

No, this information is not available to the hit collector.

Why do you need this?  If it is only for summaries, then you're probably
better off re-tokenizing those few documents that you wish to summarize.
  If it is for query evaluation, then you're probably better off writing
a new class of query (which is non-trivial).

Doug