lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: can't delete from an index using IndexReader.delete()
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:09:57 GMT
Thanks Jeff and Otis,

After some more testing I am finding that the bug affects only certain docs.

For example if I have a Document in the index with the following IDs it will
not be deleted:

'preamble_content'
'toc_testor'
'B724547'

The following IDs will work and delete the Document from the index:

'art_01_section_01'
'a266122794'

When editing one of duplicates (triplicates, etc) metadata and saving it
again (goes through delete and then re-add again) it adds another entry to
the index with the same id Term.

On providing complete code - I will try to get that out to the list. It
currently reads from config XML files. I will try to make a simple example.

Thanks again,
-Rob