lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: can't delete from an index using IndexReader.delete()
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 04:42:13 GMT
The code looks fine.  Unfortunately, the provided code is not a full,
self-sufficient class that I can run on my machine to verify the
behaviour that you are describing.

Otis

--- Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the latest binary distro (lucene-20030620.jar).  I am
> trying to
> delete an entry from an index and then add it back with updated
> information.
>
> The entry is a content XML piece with some metadata added to the
> Document. I
> try to delete the entry by using a Term derived by the Field 'id' and
> the
> value of that field. The value is correct. What happens is that two
> entries
> exist after executing the code below.
>
> So, creating a Query for field 'id' with an example value 'abc' will
> return
> two hits. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is this a bug?
>
> Also, if you see anything I am doing stupidly or that can be
> improved,
> please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rob
>

> IndexReader reader =
> IndexReader.open(project.search_index_path.getNativePath());
> reader.delete(new Term("id", member.content_idref));
> reader.close();
>
> ISO8601Converter iso_conv = new ISO8601Converter();
>
> try {
>   IndexWriter writer = new
> IndexWriter(project.search_index_path.getNativePath(), new
> StandardAnalyzer(), false);
>
>   File f = new

File(project.content_path.lookup(member.content_idref.concat(".xml")).getNat
> ivePath());
>
>   XMLSearchHandler hdlr = new XMLSearchHandler(f);
>
>   Document doc = hdlr.getDocument();
>
>   doc.add(Field.Text("id", member.content_idref));
>   doc.add(Field.Text("status", status));
>   doc.add(Field.Text("type", target_elem.getAttributeValue("type")));
>
>   doc.add(Field.Text("creator",
> target_elem.getAttributeValue("creator")));
>   doc.add(Field.Text("last_mod_by", member.full_name));
>   doc.add(Field.Text("modified",

DateField.dateToString(iso_conv.parse(target_elem.getAttributeValue("modifie
> d"), new ParsePosition(0)))));
>   doc.add(Field.Text("created",

DateField.dateToString(iso_conv.parse(target_elem.getAttributeValue("created