lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: couldn't rename segments.new to segments
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 00:57:19 GMT
I don't have a specific solution for you.  Are you accessing this inex
with multiple threads (e.g. in a web application)?  The problem is that
one process or thread is still referencing segments or deletable and
the OS is not letting Lucene rename it.
You didn't say which version of Lucene you are using.
If you are using some 1.2 version, I suggest you try one of the nightly
builds instead.  I remember we applied a patch submitted by a person
who uses Lucene on Windows, and it had to do with file renaming.
Perhaps it fixes your problem.

Otis